Monday, June 18, 2007

Thursday, June 14 8:30 am Artist’s House

I walked over to see if the artists were working this morning, since yesterday they all decided to take the day off, and as I walked up I heard the BANG, BANG, BANG of metal pounding. It is pretty cool how they can take a metal drum, flatten it out, and use every piece of it for something. Impressive. Yesterday, Father Marc had told me that I am going to have my work cut out for me though because a few of the boys don’t get along with one another. I witnessed that this morning as I walked up. Jonas (Mom remember him?) and Sammy were yelling at each other (both are my age) over a money situation. Onal said that it is typical, and I could tell by the fact that everyone continued to work as the two screamed, that nobody wanted to get involved. Sammy was funny though. As soon as he saw me he said, “Bonjou, Paige. Ki jan ou ye?” “I am fine, Sammy. But obviously you aren’t.”

No comments:

Post a Comment