Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Final steps to get to Castel Pere

Here is a picture of my reusable boarding pass to get me from Port-au-Prince to Les Cayes. I have to give it back when I leave the building so they can hand it to the next person. At least it is laminated...


Here is Ricardo. He made sure that my bags made it onto the plane, and that I made it onto the RIGHT plane. I almost got on the wrong one because I was trying out my new cell phone on this one guy back home and wasn't paying attention... Thank you, Ricardo!


Family- I told you people in Haiti take care of me.


Here is a gorgeous picture of me after traveling all night. Notice the sweaty hair. This is because inside the small airport (about the size of my parents family room and kitchen combined) there are only doors, not windows. And forget about AC. Oh yeah, and did I mention that there are so many people and bags that there is barely room to walk? In the pic I am on the little plane, anxious to finally get there. This is right before I fell asleep. I was tired, and didn't wake up till we landed.







See the people on the plane with me? No? That is because I had the plane to myself except for two other passengers. This was great because I was able to stretch out across the seats, aisle, and other seats. Yeah... my legs are long, but don't give me too much credit. The plane was small.

No comments:

Post a Comment