Friday, June 29, 2007

Kitchen Wednesday, June 27 7:30 pm


So, tonight Dino (one of our cooks) and I made dinner. I helped him make rice and beans, and the we made cookies. He likes when I help him because, as you can see in the picture, he gets to listen to Bob Marley on my iPod.


Anyway, so, we bake the cookies. Now, it is important to know that in

order for anything to bake, the oven has to be set at 450 degrees, or the flame will go out. This makes baking difficult because it means the bottom is almost always burnt...or crispy.

So, we bake the cookies, first batch- not too shabby. I bring them out to Dan, Daniel, and Portia who are sitting in the dining room. I go back towards the kitchen to take the next batch out of the oven, and this is what I see.

Apparently, the flame went out in the oven, and would not go light again. Dino's solution- cook the cookies stovetop! Haha. Obviously, that didn't work. They were crispy on the outside ,mushy on the inside. But, as I am learnig to say, "That's Haiti!"

No comments:

Post a Comment