Friday, August 24, 2007

Tiboss

This is Tiboss. He and I became friends at Portia's going away party. Father Marc invited Tiboss to sit with us as we had our evening gathering. Shortly after Father Marc finished doting on him, he said to me, "Here, take him and do your motherly instinct thing." This is one of my favorite things to do, so I grabbed Tiboss, put him on my lap, and demanded some crackers with peanut butter and a glass of Sprite for the little one. As his tummy started to get full, he started nestling is chubby body into my lap. Crumb filled and happy, Tiboss' eyes started drooping.

I asked him if he was hot, and he quickly nodded yes. With a piece of ice, I rubbed his tummy and forehead. Soon after, his eyes were closed. "He is never going to forget the time the white woman rubbed his face with ice, is he?" laughed Father Marc. The other boys laughed too, and being the big brother figures they are, wouldn't let him sleep.

1 comment:

  1. That's my Paigey!!! You are a definite "child magnet"! How could anyone NOT want to sit on the lap of an angel!!!

    ReplyDelete