Monday, August 27, 2007

Nike Shoes




Yesterday afternoon I was beginning to feel better, so I decided I would FINALLY finish the task Aunt Dee asked me to complete a few weeks ago. My job- find eight children, all the same shoe size, and take pictures of them in their new Nike shoes. Pretty simple, right? Wrong.




This is how I started this mission- quietly whispering to Fery and Tipa to find children with small feet for me. They tip toed off and brought me back a few children. Ten seconds later, the entire population of Castel Pere boys were waiting outside the gate of the quad because they heard there were shoes to be given.






The WORST part about getting gifts, is that there aren't enough for everyone. I do have to say though, that the kids are really good about being happy for those that do get something. Tipa and Fery tried so hard to fit their big feet in those small shoes, but when they couldn't they settled for their friends getting them, and they helped me with controlling the group.

After all the Cinderella's were found, we made our way over to the field for the "photo shoot". I had a great time taking pics of the kids doing tricks like Dikenson is to the left, and having them run back and forth so I could attempt some "action shots".

We really had a great time of it. My only issue was that the kids wanted their picture taken TOO much- even those without the shoes. So I know I missed some good shots because I had ham-bones sticking their faces in front of the camera.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Tuesday-
    Leave it to you, Paige, to find joyful moments with all of the children, especially those receiving their new shoes! If only Nike could read your blog: my hope would be that ALL of the children would soon have new shoes, too!
    Glad to read that you're feeling better. Cream of mushroom just doesn't seem right, though...ugh!
    You're doing such a lovely job taking all the right pictures to share with us. I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading your insightful words that accompany them. Perhaps, a new career as a roving reporter/journalist/photographer is in the works?!? Then again, maybe I should leave out the roving part, since I know how much everyone misses you, especially your mom.
    Ciao for now.
    AP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like the little "ham-bone" WE used to have sticking HER face in the video camera. HMMMMM....I wonder who that was?? Love you, my little ham!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very natural pics!!! i love the kids very much..Nike shoes safe the kids while they playing....

    ReplyDelete