Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sick


The last day and a half I have left my room only to go to church. I have a sore throat and headache- nothing major, but I am trying to kick it before another busy week begins.

Yesterday morning, I went down to tell Dino I wouldn't be eating lunch because I wasn't feeling well. I went back up to my bed to lay down. About thirty minutes later there was a knock on my door. When I opened it, this is what I saw- Samedi and his buddy holding flowers they had picked for me to help me feel better. Shortly after that, I had Fery, Jean Robert, Dickenson, and clan coming to see why I had not yet gone to the hospital since I am sick. After that, Jeff and Jean Beto came up with some juice for me, followed by Sammy checking on me.

Needless to say, "news" here spreads like wildfire- if me having a sore throat is news, that is. It is rather endearing knowing that the children, "will not be ok until I am ok." At the same time, I just want to go to sleep!

7 comments:

  1. paige!!! i finally got the address to your blog page! It looks like you are having a lot of fun over there. I think that you are doing an awesome thing! Definitly something I could never do! You are definilty missed her in tempe arizona...i miss my "big sister"/"babysitter"!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself! Take vitamins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paige-
    I'm so sorry to read that you were not feeling well yesterday and were sorely missed by all of the children who love you! I hope that today is a better day for you. :-) Please take good care of yourself and try not to overdo it too soon. Chicken soup works well for almost anything and everything, if you have access to it!
    I was extremely touched by the simple, yet profound, gesture of the children bringing flowers to your door! You are so loved... isn't it wonderful to know that!?!
    I hope you have a wonderful day, Paige. It's the first day of school for my program students: lots of tears this morning and anxious parents.
    Love across the miles,
    AP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Paige....eat some soup...rest...
    that's the mommy in me=) I do hope you are feeling better. How sweet to receive flowers at your door. I am sure that made you feel better right away.
    Hope all is well. Take it easy.
    Love ya - Katee

    ReplyDelete
  5. kristina, i miss you too. hope living with lynne is treating you both well. cant wait to see what youve done with the place.

    kate, thank you! i have been. you take care of yourself too.

    auntie pat, it is nice to know they kind of like me. we didnt have any chicken soup- just cream of mushroom... not the same though. i miss you! cant wait to hear how your school year unfolds.

    katee, i am feeling much better today. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish you were here so I could fix you that chicken soup Auntie Pat was talking about. I should really say.....so DADDY could fix his famous chicken and dumpling soup!! Hope you are feeling better today. I tried calling you a few times yesterday and never reached you. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom,

    I think Dad's dumpling soup is one of the first things I want to eat when I get back. We have a Haitian dumpling soup that is really good, but it's not my Daddy's! Unfortunately, I don't think I rested enough- I woke up feeling horrible this morning. Have to shake it off though- I have a few meetings this morning, and plenty of e-mailing to do since we didn't have Internet yesterday. It's nice to have your comments again. I have missed them. I hope you had fun in Park City, sorry I missed your calls. Love you!

    ReplyDelete