Tuesday, October 2, 2007

We need an ark.

"I think I saw some animals walking two by two this morning," said Harold as we ate breakfast in the dining room to the sound of rain pouring down.

It rained for 24 hours straight. The rain started on Sunday night, and finally stopped on Monday night. Last night we had a dry night, but first thing this morning, the clouds opened up, and down came the rain.

Everything is wet, or at least damp. Here are some pictures of the walkways turned rivers that leads from the children's neighborhood to the dining area and quad. Some of the kids are up to their knees in water. The dry night was not dry enough because today we are still flooded.

The best investment I have made, my pink plaid rainboots. Not only am I super stylish, but my feet are super dry!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...I'm glad you have those boots, too!! I guess shoes are NOT an option here for the children. I bet the puddles are fun to play in and Chub is probably right in the middle of it all, huh? Thank goodness you love the rainy weather, Paigey. Would love to see a picture of your pretty pink boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paige,
    You need to have everyone start making umbrellas! =)
    I want to see the boots too! Picture time.

    ReplyDelete